Cisco 3850 Family of Switches Overview
The Cisco 3850 family consists of a variety of Ethernet switches that can connect to Phones, Wireless Access Points, end user computer and workstations and devices on your network like other switches, routers and servers.
Nine 3850 switches can be stacked together and operated as a single switch with 480Gbps of bandwidth. Optional shared power within the stack provides for maximum redundancy in the event of a power supply failure.
- Integrated wireless controller capability with:
o Up to 40G of wireless capacity per switch (48-port RJ45 models)
o Support for up to 100 access points and 2000 wireless clients on each switching entity (switch or stack)
- 24 and 48 10/100/1000Mbps data PoE+ and Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 24 and 48 100Mbps/1/2.5/5/10 Gbps Cisco UPOE models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- 12- and 24-port 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP-based models
- 12- and 24-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+-based models
- 48-port 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ model with 4 fixed 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ uplinks
- Cisco StackWise-480 technology provides scalability and resiliency with 480 Gbps of stack throughput
- Cisco StackPower® technology provides power stacking among stack members for power redundancy1
- Five optional uplink modules with 4 x Gigabit Ethernet, 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet, 8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet4, or 2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ports
- Dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans providing redundancy
- Full IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) with 30W power on all copper ports in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
- Cisco UPOE with 60W power per port in 1 Rack Unit (RU) form factor
- IEEE 802.3bz (2.5/5 G/s BASE-T) to go beyond 1 Gb/s with existing Cat5e and Cat6
- IEEE 802.1ba AV Bridging (AVB) built-in to provide better AV experience for including improved time synchronization and QoS
- Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast routing, modular Quality of Service (QoS), Flexible NetFlow (FNF), and enhanced security features
- Support for AES-256 with the powerful MACSEC 256-bit for SFP+ and Multigigabit models and 128-bit encryption algorithm available on all models
– Virtualization, automation and critical analytics to provide information for ever changing business demands.
– Supports full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet (Cisco UPOE®), modular and field-replaceable network modules which allows you to upgrade uplink bandwidth as your needs grow, RJ-45 and fiber-based downlink interfaces, and redundant fans and power supplies that help ensure maximum uptime.
– Single software image for both wired and wireless applications
– Up to 40Gb/s of wireless throughput per 48 port switch scaling up as switches are added to the stack
|Network modules for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series
|C3850-NM-4-1G||4 x Gigabit Ethernet network module spare|
|C3850-NM-2-10G||4 x Gigabit Ethernet/2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet network module spare|
|C3850-NM-4-10G||4 x Gigabit Ethernet/4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet network module spare|
|C3850-NM-8-10G||8 x Gigabit Ethernet/8 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet network module spare|
|C3850-NM-2-40G||2 x 40 Gigabit Ethernet network module spare|
|Power supplies for the Cisco Catalyst 3850 Series|
|PWR-C1-350WAC||350WAC power supply spare|
|PWR-C1-715WAC||715WAC power supply spare|
|PWR-C1-1100WAC||1100WAC power supply spare|
|PWR-C1-440WDC||440WDC power supply spare|
|PWR-C3-750WAC-R||750WAC power supply spare front-to-back airflow for 48XS|
|PWR-C3-750WAC-F||750WAC power supply spare back-to-front airflow for 48XS|
|PWR-C3-750WDC-R||750WDC power supply spare front-to-back airflow for 48XS|
Zeriva always supplies all Rack Kits, Stack, Power Stack, Console and Power Cables on all switches ordered.
Zeriva welcomes the opportunity to work with your organization to map out a customized plan to save time and money on the networking hardware you need.
*Information summarized from the Cisco 3850 Datasheet and 3850 Switch Hardware Installation Guide. Zeriva is an independent reseller of IT Hardware and is not affiliated with Cisco systems in any way.